Nonprofits Now Eligible for Anne Arundel Business Assistance Grant
In a previous blog post, we shared Anne Arundel County’s Small Business Customer & Employee Protection Grant. We’re pleased to announce the grant is now available to nonprofit organizations that can demonstrate sufficient need in order to comply with regulations, enact safe and healthy best practices and maximize customer engagement opportunities. The grant program is administered through Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation (AAEDC).
About the Grant
Organizations can apply for a grant of up to $10,000 that can cover the following purchases:
- PPE for employees
- Protective shields/dividers
- Sanitation products and services such as:
- Disinfection UV lamps
- Biocide/mold bomb foggers
- Digital signage, floor/wall/window graphics, hand sanitizer stations
- Technology (hardware, software, website upgrades, applications, online platforms) for the purposes of:
- Wellness scans
- Virtual meetings
- Customer communications and marketing (does not include paid advertising)
- Delivery vehicles and equipment; If purchasing a delivery vehicle, funds can be used for a down-payment and wired directly to a dealership
- Services such as legal and human resources consultations to understand compliance regulations
- Workforce training to help employees understand and act on compliance regulations
The program can reimburse for past purchases made after March 29, 2020. Organizations will be required to submit invoices to demonstrate proof of purchases.
AAEDC is committed to serving as many qualified businesses and organizations as possible.
- Anne Arundel County based businesses with 50 or less employees
- The application will require documentation such as 2018 & 2019 business tax returns, schedule C, 990, or 2019 profit and loss (if 2019 tax return has not been filed yet).
- Sole Proprietors can apply provided they file a schedule C on their personal tax returns, are registered and good standing with the State of Maryland.
- A business or nonprofit must be in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Preference for funds will be given to industries most directly affected by local/state/national quarantine rules
How to Apply
The application portal is currently being developed and is not yet available. To be notified of when the online application is open, please send an email to [email protected] to be added to AAEDC’s notification list.
For more details on the program and the application process, please see the FAQ document.
*THIS LIST IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED, IN ANY MANNER, AS ADVICE OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY PRODUCT OR COMPANY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STATEMENTS PLEASE CONTACT THE RELEVANT BUSINESS DIRECTLY.
If you have additional questions, you can contact AAEDC at 410-222-7410 or email [email protected].