Four “Keep Maryland Beautiful Grants” Available
The Forever Maryland Foundation, in partnership with Maryland Environmental Trust, Maryland Department of Transportation, and Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development present four Keep Maryland Beautiful grants.
Grants through the Keep Maryland Beautiful program help volunteer-based, nonprofit groups, communities and land trusts in Maryland to support environmental education projects, litter removal, citizen stewardship and to protect natural resources in urban and rural areas.
- Citizen Stewardship Grant – These grants supports organizations that are demonstrating active engagement as defenders of the environment by developing innovative solutions to local environmental problems.
- Clean Up & Green Up Maryland Grant -This grant encourages community groups and nonprofit organizations statewide to promote neighborhood cleanliness and beautification by increasing litter removal, greening activities, community education, and citizen stewardship.
- Aileen Hughes Grant – This grant is awarded annually to an individual representing a Maryland land trust who demonstrated outstanding leadership in land conservation.
- Janice Hollmann Grant – This grant was established to build sustainable land trusts by increasing organizational capacity, developing community programs and services, implementing Standards and Practices and increasing public support for the diverse spectrum of conservation, stewardship and related land trust activities in the State of Maryland.
Important Dates and Details
- Grant applications accepted online from October 1, 2020 through November 12, 2020.
- Award winners will be announced on March 20th, Keep Maryland Beautiful Day.
- Grant money will be received by April 15, 2021, either through direct deposit or by check.
- Grant Receipt Forms must be signed and returned within one month of receiving grant money.
- Funds are to be used from March 30, 2021 to February 28, 2022.
- Final grant reports are due within two months of the culmination of the project or by February 28, 2022.
- Please submit all KMB questions to [email protected]. Be sure to include the name of your organization in the subject line.