For any of our partners still in need of funding for PPE or other equipment or services to help your organization pivot from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Anne Arundel Small Business Customer and Employee Protection (CEP) Grant Program application deadline is this Friday, July 24. Nonprofits are eligible to apply. Since the program’s launch on June 3 through July 16, AAEDC has awarded about $4.4 million to 706 businesses.
The Small Business Customer & Employee Protection Grant Program (CEP) aims to help Anne Arundel County small businesses pivot and compete in the COVID-19 economy. With this funding support, businesses can implement changes to comply with regulations, enact safe and healthy best practices and maximize sales and customer engagement opportunities.
Businesses can apply for a grant of up to $10,000 that can cover the following purchases:
- PPE for employees
- Protective shields/dividers
- Sanitation products and services such as:
- Disinfection UV lamps
- Biocide/mold bomb foggers
- Digital signage, floor/wall/window graphics, hand sanitizer stations
- Technology (hardware, software, website upgrades, applications, online platforms) for the purposes of:
- Wellness scans
- Virtual meetings
- Customer communications and marketing (does not include paid advertising)
- Delivery vehicles and equipment; If purchasing a delivery vehicle, funds can be used for a down-payment and wired directly to a dealership
- Services such as legal and human resources consultations to understand compliance regulations
- Workforce training to help employees understand and act on compliance regulations
The program can reimburse for past purchases made after March 29, 2020. Businesses will be required to submit invoices to demonstrate proof of purchases.
Make sure to get your application in to AAEDC by Friday, July 24!