Be a part of Anne Arundel County’s General Development Plan! The County’s Office of Planning and Zoning is currently looking for participation from residents who live in Region 2 (Fort Meade, Laurel, Jessup), Region 4 (Broadneck, Arnold, Severna Park and Pasadena), and Region 7 (Annapolis Neck, Parole, Riva). If you’re interested, read on!
County Executive Steuart Pittman extended the application deadline for individuals interested in serving on the first round of Region Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committees, part of the County’s Plan2040 General Development Plan. Applications will now be due at midnight on Monday, August 16, 2021.
The Stakeholder Advisory Committees (SAC) will play a key role in developing the Region Plans, meeting regularly to collaborate on goals and actions for the region and make recommendations on proposed zoning changes during the Comprehensive Zoning process.
Region Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee members will provide input and assist the County in examining specific community challenges and opportunities, as they relate to land use, for the respective region. Each Committee member will:
- Become familiar with the goals, policies, and strategies of Plan2040;
- Become familiar with planning concepts, land use regulations, community trends;
- Be familiar with the built and natural environment of the planning area;
- Seek community input on a long-term vision, and issues and opportunities;
- Participate in the development of a Vision and Goals for the area;
- Review and provide input to OPZ on policies, strategies, and the draft plan;
- Participate on subcommittees as needed; and
- Assist / support in the public forums, Planning Advisory Board hearings, and County Council hearings.
Review the Stakeholder Advisory Committee selection criteria, or apply to participate, by visiting the Region Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee Application.
For more information, read the press release: County Executive Announces Applications for Region Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committees.