The Frederick Douglass Museum and Cultural Center, housed in “Twin Oaks”, the summer cottage built in 1895 for Frederick Douglass, was purchased and restored in the early 1980’s. In 1995 the State of Maryland and Anne Arundel County acquired the property and deeded it to the Town of Highland Beach as a memorial to Frederick Douglass, one of Maryland’s most famous sons.
Museum is open by appointment only.
Telephone: (410) 268-2956
Address: 3200 Wayman Avenue
Highland Beach, MD 21403
African American Heritage